HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
The HP Officejet Pro 6978 is a multifunction printer with a slim and sleek design that does not occupy a large space. One of the exciting features of this printer is that you can now print from a distance using a wireless network. Other than this, you can also establish a wired connection. Using this printer, you can comfortably print, copy, fax, and scan without any driver. If you want to print from a mobile device, then you can use various features such as HP eprint, smart app, Apple AirPrint, mopria. The HP Officejet Pro 6978 All-in-one printer setup is all about the hardware and software setup.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 First Time Printer setup All-in-one
For printer setup of the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup, start with unpacking the printer box. Once you unpack the device, take out all the accessories. Now, eliminate the packaging material from the outer area of the hp ojpro 6978 printer. Takeaway the thin film from the control panel of the printer. In the end, ensure that all the necessary accessories are in good condition.
To access the complete and latest features, download the software package. We suggest you to pick the most recent driver. You can either choose basic printer software or a full driver package. After the download is over, install the hp officejet pro 6978 driver by following the on-screen instruction. The driver will help to produce a premium quality output.
Start the process by checking the power supply to the hp officejet pro 6978 printer. Switch the wireless network on and check the stability. Click on the wireless option and track the procedure to complete the printer setup.
Know the SSID and network password of the network for connection.
Installing a Downloaded Driver on HP Officejet Pro 6978
The printer is about some basic hardware setup. HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer setup includes simple steps like unboxing, power cord connection, paper loading, and installation of the ink cartridge. When you finish all this, your printer is half ready to give an astonishing output.
Step 1 : Unboxing the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
- The hp officejet pro 6978 printer setup will begin by unveiling the printer carefully.
- Get rid of the packing material that is in and around the printer.
- Carefully lift the printer out of the carton and keep it on the plain surface.
- Make sure that the printer and other accessories are in the condition to work.
- Next, try connecting the power cord to the printer and the electric outlet.
- Now, pull out the paper tray.
- Insert an adequate amount of paper in the input tray.
- Adjust the sides of the paper and push the input tray forward.
- Then, the next step is to install the cartridge.
- Remove the plastic tape from the ink cartridge and try inserting the cartridge in the printer.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are in the right position.
Step 2 : Connect your HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer with computer
- The most common method that you can use for connection is USB cable.
- Switch on your hp officejet pro 6978 printer and start the connection process.
- Look for a USB cable of around 3 meters.
- Next, navigate to the driver page for installing the HP Officejet pro 6978 driver on your device.
- Now, enter respective details and download the drivers.
- Once the driver is available, tap on the driver download option.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation of the software.
- Remove the USB device, which is already in the connection.
- In the end, connect the USB cable when the prompt box pops up.
- Now, connect the cable and finish the connection process.
Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Driver Download and Installation
To enjoy all the recent features of the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Manual driver, choose a compatible driver. For HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver installation, the most two methods are:
- Using CD/ DVD
- Via a direct link
The users are free to choose their preferred method to download the driver.
Option 1 : Install Officejet Pro 6978 software from CD/DVD
- Step 1: The installation of the CD is the second step after the basic printer setup.
- Step 2: Utilize the CD driver installer and check the compatibility.
- Step 3: Now, from the setting options, tap on the Autoplay to install the driver.
- Step 4: Follow the online procedures for installing the driver.
- Step 5: Double-tap on the run option and finish the installation process.
Option 2 : Download and install HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Software
- Step 1: Firstly, begin the process by connecting to a stable network connection.
- Step 2: From the webpage, look for the link to download the driver.
- Step 3: Next, enter an appropriate information page and find a suitable drivers.
- Step 4: Lastly, tap on the download button and click on the install option for software installation.
Use Wireless Setup Wizard from the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer
Option 1 : Connect wireless Officejet Pro 6978 printer using Wireless Setup Wizard
- Step 1: Begin the wireless connection, with an active wireless network connection.
- Step 2: From the control panel and go to the wireless setup wizard option.
- Step 3: Find your network from the list and select the desired network.
- Step 4: Next, click on the Ok option and enter the network password.
Option 2 : Connect using Download and install Officejet Pro 6978 wireless software
- Step 1: To download and install the wireless software, click the software that is compatible.
- Step 2: To make it easy, try downloading the driver using the smart app.
- Step 3: Next, install the most recent HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer wireless software.
- Step 4: In the end, download to embed on your computer device.
Officejet Pro 6978 WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
Follow the WPS setup information to establish a network connection. Know the WPS code for connecting with the wireless network. It is better to connect the computer and printer using a wireless network. To boost your stability, keep your router close to the printer.
Option 1 : HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Protected Setup in Windows
- Step 1: Opt for WPS only if your windows are compatible with the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Step 2: Firstly start connecting your printer with the computer
- Step 3: Next, from the control panel, click on the device and printers option.
- Step 4: Now, try adding the printer to the list.
- Step 5: In the end, press and hold the WPS to connect your printer with the network.
Option 2 : HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Protected Setup in Mac
- Step 1: You can use the wireless protected setup, for any version of mac device.
- Step 2: Click on the wireless option available on the Officejet pro 6978 printer.
- Step 3: Now, tap on the wi-fi protected option.
- Step 4: Next, click on the push button of the printer.
- Step 5: Select the start button for the wireless connection.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 WPS Connection
There are two types of HP Officejet Pro 6978 WPS connection in the printer. The first one is the WPS button, and the second one is the WPS pin. However, before starting, know the WPA code for establishing the connection. Now, connect your computer with a wireless network. To get a better output, keep your router near the hp ojpro 6978 printer.
Connect your Officejet Pro 6978 Using WPS Button
- Step 1: Start the process by navigating to the wireless button from the control panel.
- Step 2: Tap on the wi-fi protected setup and follow the guidelines.
- Step 3: Next, select the WPS option of the printer.
- Step 4: Then, press the WPS button present on your router.
- Step 5: Now, select the wireless option.
- Step 6: Once the connection is established, your printer will be ready to function.
Connect your HP Officejet Pro 6978 Via WPS PIN
- Step 1: From the control panel, navigate to the settings option.
- Step 2: Next, follow the guidelines one by one.
- Step 3: Now, from the network settings, click on the WPS PIN.
- Step 4: Sometimes, you may face trouble in locating a WPS PIN on the configuration page.
- Step 5: In that case, you can ask our experts and solve your problem.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Troubleshooting
The troubleshooting techniques that we provide below are some of the common issues that the user may face. If you are not able to solve the problem, call us or initiate a chat with our tech team.
Officejet Pro 6978 Driver Installation issues
- Are you facing this problem? Then follow the below guidelines and resolve the issue yourself.
- Initially, start with uninstalling the current driver.
- Next, find an appropriate driver according to the OS version and printer model.
- Tap on the printer driver, click on the download option.
- In the end, follow the instructions and enjoy the high-quality printing.
Officejet Pro 6978 printer not found in the list
- When you are unable to find the printer, follow the below step, and fix your issue.
- Start with checking the stability of the power supply.
- Try manually adding the ojpro 6978 printer to the available printer list.
- Now, check whether the printer is available on the compatible list.
- In the end, if you have any confusion, get in touch with our technical team.