HP Officejet 8020 Setup
Replace your old printer with this new and smart HP Officejet 8020 Setup. The features of the printer are perfectly alright for home and office. Enjoy fast print, scan, copy, and fax. The printing speed is 20 pages per minute which is remarkable. If any of the repetitive tasks are now carried out, it will eliminate those tasks. From the printer, you can sync with Google Drive and other smart storage. Even you can print your favorite documents from the smartphone. The HP Smart app adds value to this stand-alone printer. For transferring the data securely, the printer has Wi-Fi security, password protection, and encryption.
Choose Your Printer Model
HP Officejet 8020 First Time Printer setup All-in-one
As you start with the HP Officejet 8020 setup, you have to confirm the following. Basically, this would be an initial step for the printer setup. Now, look for the existing accessories of your printer. While checking the printer, make sure to clear the accessories. Lastly, verify the printer for a valid device connection.
The recommended driver is nothing but the compatible drivers for Officejet 8020 printers. Firstly, choose the compatible OS model which can connect with the printer. Then, proceed to the driver page and select the full or basic driver for the printer. After you choose, download the drivers as stated by the HP.
HP Officejet 8020 Printer setup
The main device HP Officejet 8020 setup for your printer is a first-time device setup. When you start the printer setup, follow the below easy steps. To begin with, make sure that the presence of the printer devices. Start with unpacking and power supply of the devices. And now, complete with the paper loading and ink installation.
Step 1 : Unboxing the HP Officejet 8020 Printer
- Now, it’s time to unpack the printer parcel that you have received.
- First, select a location that is comfortable to work with the setup process.
- Make sure the stability of the surface for placing the printer.
- Now, clear the packaging material from the outer.
- Then, take out the HP Officejet 8020 Setup and also all the accessories.
- Next, find the wall out and connect the power cord to it.
- Use the other end to plug in the backside of the printer.
- After that, open the tray for inserting the papers in order.
- At last, figure out the proper slots and insert the ink cartridges.
Step 2 : Connect your HP Officejet 8020 Setup with computer
- The connection for your HP Officejet 8020 Setup is important to avail of the services.
- You have to find the printer USB port now to commence with the USB setup.
- Now, choose the compatible USB cable for connecting with your device.
- Next, open the Device and Printers option from the computer.
- Then, stop the other running program on the computer.
- Now, start the setup by moving to the driver page.
- The driver page will pop-up with the Software and driver formats.
- Click on Download and confirm your.
- Lastly, continue with the USB setup by choosing and connecting the USB cord.
Installing a Downloaded Driver on HP Officejet 8020
Read the below instructions which describe the driver download techniques. Acquire Officejet 8020 driver for your device with provided CD. If possible, download the recent drivers from the site as you wish. When downloaded from the site, you will always get the advanced driver.
Option 1 : Install Officejet 8020 software from CD/DVD
- Step 1: To go with this method, you have to select the computer that has a CD drive.
- Step 2: Once you have prepared the computer, keep the CD in the opened tray.
- Step 3: Select the AutoPlay or My Computer to transfer the drivers from the CD.
- Step 4: Proceed with on-screen instructions and CD installation.
Option 2 : Download and install HP Officejet 8020 Printer Software
- Step 1: This method offers you the full and upgraded version of the driver for Officejet 8020.
- Step 2: The most well-known method for downloading the driver is availing it from the driver page.
- Step 3: Select the drivers for your HP Officejet 8020 setup according to the model number.
- Step 4: Assure the successful HP Officejet 8020 driver download with a test print.
Use Wireless Setup Wizard from the HP Officejet 8020 printer
Your printer may support many connection setups. But the perfect method is wireless connection setup. Now, select the network from the available sources. It is a must for the network to have the password. Once you are ready with the network, turn on the hp oj 8020 printer and begin.
Option 1 : Connect wireless Officejet 8020 printer using Wireless Setup Wizard
- Step 1: Initially, go to the control panel of the device to choose the Wireless icon.
- Step 2: From the Wireless icon, select the Settings icon.
- Step 3: Now, choose the Wireless Setup Wizard menu and hit the Ok or Next button.
- Step 4: Then, select the wireless network from the list and provide the password for the network.
Option 2 : Connect using Download and install Officejet 8020 wireless software
- Step 1: Download the driver which is a wholesome package for your hp oj 8020 printer.
- Step 2: The wireless software and firmware for your printer are readily available for download.
- Step 3: When installing the driver, make sure it is the recent version of the driver.
- Step 4: Now, the only thing that you need to do is download the drivers.
HP Officejet 8020 WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
For initiating the wireless setup, you have to select the network for the connection. Next, make sure you have the password for the network that you have selected. Now, choose the network according to the availability. Then, proceed to the wireless setup using the selected network.
Option 1 : HP Officejet 8020 Wireless Protected Setup in Windows
- Step 1: In your Windows computer, go to the HP Officejet 8020 printer software.
- Step 2: Now, select the Tools option from the available options.
- Step 3: Then, choose the Device Setup & Software.
- Step 4: Next, hit the Connect a new device for connecting your device.
- Step 5: In the end, you will get the available printer list to add the printer.
Option 2 : HP Officejet 8020 Wireless Protected Setup in Mac
- Step 1: First of all, make sure the connection of the Mac with stable internet.
- Step 2: Now, select the Mac device and look for the System Preferences.
- Step 3: From it, choose your oj 8020 printer from the list to connect with your Mac desktop.
- Step 4: Once added, try to print the document and check the device list.
HP Officejet 8020 WPS Connection
If you want to connect the hp officejet 8020 setup instantly, avail the WPS pushbutton procedure. Turn on the router and the selected router should have WPS pushbutton. Now, look for the push button on your printer and click on it. Next, proceed to the router and select the WPS button. In a few minutes, your printer will get the connection via a wireless network.
Connect your Officejet 8020 Using WPS Button
- Step 1: If you want to connect the printer instantly, avail the WPS pushbutton procedure.
- Step 2: Turn on the router and the selected router should have WPS pushbutton.
- Step 3: Now, look for the push button on your hp oj 8020 printer and click on it.
- Step 4: Next, proceed to the router and select the WPS button.
- Step 5: In a few minutes, your printer will get the connection via a wireless network.
Connect your HP Officejet 8020 Via WPS PIN
- Step 1: Follow the guidance of the WPS setup for the HP Officejet 8020 Setup.
- Step 2: It is simple once you find the Wireless icon on the control panel.
- Step 3: Now, select the Setup from the options to choose the network.
- Step 4: Then, highlight the network and enter the password.
- Note: The network WPS pin is an eight-digit password.
HP Officejet 8020 Printer Troubleshooting
Facing issues that stop your hp oj 8020 printer from working? Then, you should refer to this troubleshooting section for removing the device. Now, go through the repair steps for connecting back to your printer. The problem fix steps will help with enhanced performance.
Officejet 8020 Driver Installation issues
- The first thing you need to check if you are trying to download the compatible drivers.
- When there is a conflict between the devices, it will create a problem.
- So download only the new hp Officejet 8020 drivers for the HP Officejet 8020 setup.
- For any printer problem, you can reach us by dialing to +1844-687-6686.
Officejet 8020 printer not found in the list
- Now, ensure the HP Officejet 8020 printer’s name is in the list of the device.
- If it is not in the device list, search for the manual option.
- Add the device using the manual option to the list.
- If you are struggling while installing, you can call the displaying printer service number.