HP Officejet Pro 6978 Install
- The HP Officejet Pro 6978 is a multifunction printer with a slim and sleek design that does not occupy a large space.
- One of the exciting features of this printer is that you can now print from a distance using a wireless network.
- Other than this, you can also establish a wired connection.
- Using this printer, you can comfortably print, copy, fax, and scan without any driver.
- If you want to print from a mobile device, then you can use various features such as HP eprint, smart app, Apple AirPrint, mopria.
- The HP Officejet Pro 6978 All-in-one printer setup is all about the hardware and software setup.
Figure 1: HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Install
Officejet Pro 6978 WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
Follow the WPS setup information to establish a network connection. Know the WPS code for connecting with the wireless network. It is better to connect the computer and printer using a wireless network. To boost your stability, keep your router close to the printer.
Option 1 : HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Protected Setup in Windows
- Step 1: Opt for WPS only if your windows are compatible with the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Step 2: Firstly start connecting your printer with the computer
- Step 3: Next, from the control panel, click on the device and printers option.
- Step 4: Now, try adding the printer to the list.
- Step 5: In the end, press and hold the WPS to connect your printer with the network.
Option 2 : HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Protected Setup in Mac
- Step 1: You can use the wireless protected setup, for any version of mac device.
- Step 2: Click on the wireless option available on the Officejet pro 6978 printer.
- Step 3: Now, tap on the wi-fi protected option.
- Step 4: Next, click on the push button of the printer.
- Step 5: Select the start button for the wireless connection.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 WPS Connection
There are two types of HP Officejet Pro 6978 WPS connection in the printer. The first one is the WPS button, and the second one is the WPS pin. However, before starting, know the WPA code for establishing the connection. Now, connect your computer with a wireless network. To get a better output, keep your router near the hp ojpro 6978 printer.
Connect your Officejet Pro 6978 Using WPS Button
- Step 1: Start the process by navigating to the wireless button from the control panel.
- Step 2: Tap on the wi-fi protected setup and follow the guidelines.
- Step 3: Next, select the WPS option of the printer.
- Step 4: Then, press the WPS button present on your router.
- Step 5: Now, select the wireless option.
- Step 6: Once the connection is established, your printer will be ready to function.
Connect your HP Officejet Pro 6978 Via WPS PIN
- Step 1: From the control panel, navigate to the settings option.
- Step 2: Next, follow the guidelines one by one.
- Step 3: Now, from the network settings, click on the WPS PIN.
- Step 4: Sometimes, you may face trouble in locating a WPS PIN on the configuration page.
- Step 5: In that case, you can ask our experts and solve your problem.