HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printers - First Time Printer Setup
As soon as you purchase a new officejet pro printer, complete the initial setup. The overall steps involved in the hardware setup – Unboxing, connecting to the power supply, installing cartridges, and papers. Besides that, you may require to connect with the computer and download compatible print drivers. If you connect to mac, follow the instructions for HP Officejet pro 6978 setup for mac.
Figure 2: hp ojpro 6978 – first time printer setup
- Once you get the officejet pro 6978 setup printer package, clear the outer stickers and open the box.
- Now, lift HP Officejet pro 6978 printer by grabbing its sides or handle.
- Place it on the smooth surface, to begin with, Officejet pro 6978 setup.
- Open the access door and the main tray to remove the left packaging materials.
- Select the nearby power outlet and check if the voltage is suitable for the printer.
- Then, verify the accessories that you get with the printer.
- Now, grab the power cable and connect officejet pro 6978 setup to the printer and wall socket.
- Next, switch on the printer using the Power button. Note: The printer may make some noise while starting
- The third step in Officejet pro 6978 setup is inserting the HP cartridges.
- Now, get the cartridge package and take out them.
- Now, locate the pull-tab on the cartridge and remove it.
- Next, open the carriage door and install them into the HP setup 6978 slots.
- Push them inside to snap securely into the printer.
- To begin with, get a stack of plain or photo papers with no curl on edges.
- Then, pull out the main tray until it stretches completely.
- Load the papers on it and adjust the paper width guides.
- Pull the tray inside and stretch the output tray. Note: Use only the compatible papers given in Officejet pro 6978 Setup manual.
- Once you Officejet pro 6978 setup the printer, get the print and scan drivers.
- To get it, first, finish HP Officejet pro 6978 wireless setup.
- Through the wifi setup, find proper drivers to configure with Mac or Windows OS.
- Connect your printer to the computer only on getting the prompt.
- The latest version drivers from HP is the most recommended one.
How do I Scan on Officejet pro 6978 Setup Scan to pdf?
- Step 1: On your Windows device, find the HP option and select your printer.
- Step 2: Ensure that HP Officejet pro 6978 setup scanner is completed.
- Step 3: From the HP Officejet Printer Assistant, press Scan.
- Step 4: Then, find HP Scan software to click on Scan a document or photo.
- Step 5: Save the scanned copy using the drop-down menu “Save as PDF or Document to file”.
- Step 6: Click on PDF and save the file with a valid name.
How to Set Up a Fax HP Officejet pro 6978 Setup?
- Step 1: Initially, load the document on Officejet pro 6978 scanner glass or Automatic Document Feeder.
- Step 2: The print-side of the document should face down for scanner glass and up for ADF
- Step 3: Go to control panel and select Send Now.
- Step 4: Enter the recipient’s fax number with the help of the keypad.
- Step 5: Choose Black or Color type and wait for HP Officejet Pro printer to auto-detect the document
- Step 6: Then, it sends the faxed document to your recipient.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Mobile Printing Application Setup
- ePrint – cloud-based service for printing the documents over the mail communication.
- For this service, obtain a valid printer email address.
- Send mail to the printer after completing the HP Officejet pro 6978 network setup.
- It instantly prints the documents as soon as the mail receives it at the printer side.
- The best part of AirPrint is no Additional software or driver is essential.
- Finish HP Officejet pro 6978 mac setup and ensure that the AirPrint is turned on.
- Just like a normal printing, select the file from the location.
- When you choose, select AirPrint-enabled printer and click on Print.
- Complete HP Officejet Pro 6978 All-in-one printer setup and get the network connection to use Google Cloud Print.
- Log in to Google Chrome to complete HP Officejet Pro 6978 all-in-one printer setup.
- It will detect your hp officejet pro 6978 setup printer indicating that it is ready for cloud printing.
- Mopria allows you to print directly for webpage or email from Android devices.
- Perform Officejet pro 6978 Setup and download or update the service plugin.
- Then, choose the necessary file and press the Print option. Note: A network connection is necessary for successful printing.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 All-In-One Priner Setup
Does the Officejet Pro 6978 Setup have a USB port?
- Step 1: HP Officejet pro 6978 printer has USB ports for wired connection with Mac and Windows.
- Step 2: Initially, select the three-meter long USB cable and remove the plastic caps on either end.
- Step 3: Then, on your computer, download the recent HP Officejet pro 6978 manual drivers.
- Step 4: When you get the prompt to link the cable, connect it to the right port.
- Step 5: At last, follow the on-screen instructions to get the 6978 wired connection.
How Do I connect my HP 6978 Printer To WIFI Setup?
- Step 1: Start the process of HP Officejet pro 6978 wifi setup by getting the network details.
- Step 2: The network details include SSID and case-sensitive password.
- Step 3: Now, click on Wireless on the officejet pro printer control panel.
- Step 4: Touch Wireless Settings and then the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Step 5: Now, select the network from the list in front you and type password.
HP OJPRO Print From Mobile Device Using wi-fi Direct
- Step 1: To initiate HP Officejet pro 6978 setup wireless, go to the control panel.
- Step 2: Look for the HP Wireless Direct option and click on it.
- Step 3: You can also get it through Network Setup & Wireless Direct.
- Step 4: Click On and wait for the password screen. Note down the displayed password.
- Step 5: From your mobile, go to Settings and then choose Wi-Fi to select your officejet pro printer.
- Step 5: Finally, select the photo or document and tap Print.