HP Officejet 5258 Setup
The HP Officejet 5258 setup starts from unboxing the printer. After unboxing, many other steps are required to set up OJ 5258 printer. These other processes include cartridge installation, driver download and installation. You require the latest HP 5258 drivers for Officejet 5258 Setup. However, before downloading Officejet 5258 driver, make sure that it supports your OS
How to Setup HP Officejet 5258 Printer?
The basic HP Officejet 5258 can be split into five major steps. It begins with unboxing new HP OJ5258 and ends when you print the test page. Here is the step-by-step procedure for HP Officejet 5258 setup:
Step 1: Unbox HP officejet 5258 printer
- Open HP Officejet 5258 setup Printer Pack.
- Take out the HP printer from the package.
- Keep it on a smooth surface.
- Remove all the outside coverings from printer.
- Now, take off all the protective coverings present inside the HP printer.
- Clear off the tapes from printer paper tray.
Step 2: Connect Officejet 5258 Power Cord
- First, confirm that your HP OJ 5258 printer is free from all packing materials.
- Place printer near a power outlet.
- Take a power cable and connect its one end to Officejet 5258 Setup printer rear.
- Connect another end of the power cable with the power outlet.
- Switch on the electric outlet to power up the printer.
- Now, set your preferred date, time, region, and language.
Step 3: Install HP Officejet 5258 Ink Cartridge
- Take HP OJ5258 ink cartridges that you get with printer.
- Remove all the coverings and tapes from the cartridges.
- Now, move on to the printer and confirm that there are no protective materials.
- Finally, load printer cartridges into the respective slots.
Step 4: Load Paper into The Officejet 5258 Input Tray
- After installing cartridges, open the paper tray of HP Officejet 5258 Setup.
- Take a few plain papers compatible with the printer.
- Place them on the tray and close it.
- Finally, print a test file to ensure proper Officejet 5258 setup.
Step 5: Install the HP Officejet 5258 Setup Printer Software
HP OJ 5258 Setup printer software and driver installation is the next vital process in the printer setup. The instructions to complete the installation process are:
- Turn on the mac/windows computer.
- Check the version of your OS.
- Find HP Officejet 5258 driver and software suitable for the OS.
- Download the software on the device.
- Double-click the downloaded file to start software install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete software install.
HP Officejet 5258 Connectivity Setup
Now, connect HP Officejet 5258 Setup with your computer wired or wirelessly. Here are the basic steps for connecting devices through the wired and Wi-Fi network:
HP Officejet 5258 USB Cable Setup
USB mode is considered as the safest mode to connect the devices. Set up a safe USB connection between HP Officejet 5258 Setup and your computer. For this, you require a 3m long undamaged USB cord. Additionally, install the compatible OJ 5258 driver on the device. The steps, which can help you complete USB setup properly are:
Install HP Officejet 5258 Driver and Software
- Step 1: Find compatible printer driver for HP OJ5258.
- Step 2: Download and double-click it to run the installation.
- Step 3: Follow the wizard instructions and continue the install.
Set the Preferred Connection Mode
- Step 1: Consider choosing “USB connection” as the connection mode when the wizard pops.
- Step 2: Continue with the on-screen steps and complete HP officejet 5258 USB setup.
HP Officejet 5258 Wireless Setup
Connect HP Officejet 5258 and computer wirelessly. Here are the simple set of steps to complete HP Officejet 5258 wireless setup process:
Proper HP Officejet 5258 Driver Installation
- Step 1: Turn on the computer and confirm that it is in connection with your router Wi-Fi.
- Step 2: Now, check its OS version and find HP Officejet 5258 driver suitable for the OS.
- Step 3: Download OJ5258 driver on the mac or windows desktop.
- Step 4: Start installing it as per the steps on the setup wizard.
Connect Devices Wirelessly
- Step 1: Access your HP printer panel and tap “wireless” icon.
- Step 2: Choose the setup icon and then move on to “wireless setup wizard”.
- Step 3: Now, you see a list of wireless networks available nearby.
- Step 4: Choose your router Wi-Fi and enter its password.
- Step 5: Continue with the on-screen instructions and complete hp officejet 5258 wifi setup.
HP Officejet 5258 Setup Software Installation
HP Officejet 5258 installation for windows
- Step 1: Make sure that your Windows computer is “ON”.
- Step 2: Find the printer hp officejet 5258 driver compatible with your OS.
- Step 3: Download it on the computer and start installing it.
- Step 4: Follow the steps shown on the screen and continue.
- Step 5: Then, choose the connectivity mode and proceed further.
- Step 6: While continuing with the steps, the wizard pops to choose printer software.
- Step 7: Choose software as per your needs and complete hp officejet 5258 setup for windows.
HP Officejet 5258 installation for mac
The basic set of instructions to install Officejet 5258 driver and software are:
- Step 1: First, switch on the computer to know its OS version.
- Step 2: After knowing the version, find HP Officejet 5258 driver accordingly.
- Step 3: Download the suitable driver on your computer and open it.
- Step 4: Now, the hp officejet 5258 driver installation starts.
- Step 5: Choose the connection method when the setup screen asks.
- Step 6: Continue with the steps until you see the list of compatible software.
- Step 7: Select one suitable software and complete HP Officejet 5258 setup for mac.
HP Officejet 5258 wifi protected setup
Connect devices using Wi-Fi protected setup method. The step-by-step guidelines to do this process are:
- Step 1: Confirm that your printer supports WPS push button method.
- Step 2: Also, verify that your router has a WPS button.
- Step 3: Turn on the device and verify whether it has a wireless network.
- Step 4: Switch on your Officejet 5258 Setup printer.
- Step 5: Access the printer panel.
- Step 6: Move on to its network settings and choose “Wi-Fi Protected Setup”.
- Step 7: Follow the wizard steps and move on to your router.
- Step 8: Press its WPS button and hold it until the light flashes.
- Step 9: Finally, install Officejet 5258 Setup printer software and try printing with HP OJ5258 Setup.